Thursday, June 28, 2007

Farewell Oz

Today is my last day in Melbourne and in the land down under. It is hard to believe that tomorrow (or early Saturday morning in Australia) I'll be nearly ten thousand miles away from this place I've called home for the past year. It hasn't quite sunk in, but perhaps it will when I start sweating in the hot summer heat, hearing American accents all around me, seeing people driving on the right side of the road, eating oversized portions, and using my fork in my right hand :)

I haven't had too much time to reflect on my past year, but I'm sure that there are things that I've learned or gained that I won't even realize until a few months down the line. I'll save some of my thoughts on that for another post, perhaps my last for this blog.

But for now, I can say unequivocally that my time in Melbourne/Australia has been one of the most enriching experiences of my life. Melbourne has been a great place to call home, in large part because of wonderful friendships I've made here. To my friends here, I hope it won't be too long before I come back or see you again. To my friends at home, I look forward to catching up with you and hearing your news.

Farewell for now...

p.s. To see pics of my farewell party, click here

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you!!! Come back!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home